|fu (fu) wrote in dw_news,|
@ 2010-09-02 12:30 pm UTC
I've been stuck with a craving for Lucky Charms (they're grrrreat! And are for kids, silly rabbit), so I've been having that for breakfast this entire week. Also had it for lunch this one time a cat leaped up onto the dining table and ate my lunch for me. Hey, at least the cat didn't get my cereal.
Anyway let me just hand off my cereal bowl and we can start with the update.
A Warm Welcome
We've noticed a lot of new members this week! Welcome to those of you who are coming from LiveJournal -- you might want to check out the Guide to Dreamwidth for LiveJournal Users.
Last Week's Progress
This week's code tour was done by the ever awesome cesy.
That brings us to exactly 2002 bugs which have been resolved fixed, and almost 2300 bugs that have been resolved in some way. This week also brought us another milestone: I filed our 3000th bug!
Since our bug list contains planned features and code cleanup as well as actual bugs, I'm really proud of this milestone.
This Week's Request for Feedback
We have another version of the update Create Entry page up for feedback.
And first of all thank you to everyone who left feedback for the last version! We weren't able to respond to everyone individually, but we read all your comments and tried to take all of them into account while working on this latest version.
The short list of changes is:
- less options on page startup
- ability to customize the page so it fits your posting habits
- full list of tags
- editable individual tags
- fix for the red flash issue
- tweaks for older browsers, including better support for resizing
- various appearance and behavior tweaks
Play around with it a bit :)
We built in drag and drop functionality for mouse users. We are aware that this only works for mouse users, and we'll be working on ways to have something that will work for everyone, not just mouse users.
We'll also start integrating the mockup into the backend soon, which means that the next time we do this, the mockup should respect your site scheme and use your icons/tags/etc (it still won't remember your settings, though, and it won't work to actually post).
Communities that Link to Other Communities that Link to Other Communities
This week's theme for community plugs is communities that link to other communities to get you started on finding and making those communities that you're interested in:
- dw_community_promo - the official community promotion community
- community_promo - an unofficial community promotion community
- create_my_comm - a community for community ideas, in case the community you want doesn't exist yet
And finally, some links that don't fit into the theme, because I've said "community" so much that it doesn't look like a real word anymore:
- getting_started - for any questions you may have about getting started here on Dreamwidth
- interests search, to search for people and comms which share your interests
- site search, to search by keyword for posts about topics you're interested in
- the latest entries page, to see the latest public entries posted to Dreamwidth. Also possible to see the latest public entries with a specific tag
Equally Warm Goodbye
And that's it for this week. Rest of this month is denise's as per usual. As always, if you're having problems with Dreamwidth, Support can help you; for notices of site problems and downtime, check the Twitter status page; if you've got an idea to make the site better, you can make a suggestion.
See you again next week!